I could spend hours writing about food and nutrition, if given the chance, but that is not the purpose of this post.
This post is about being intentional with the food you eat. Keep in mind that the food you consume does matter. You are either contributing to health or disease by what you consume.
The process of digestion begins in the brain, which instructs the release of certain enzymes needed to breakdown the food once it is ingested.
But what if, we took a bit more time to be intentional about our meals? For example, setting aside time to eat with the family instead of eating on the go or in shifts.
Incorporating these small steps into your routine, may make meals much more enjoyable and nutritious for the entire family.
1. Set aside a specific time for every meal. This gives the family a time to look forward to and anticipate.
2. Show gratitude for you are about to receive. In my home, we give thanks to God for each meal. Regardless of your religious persuasion, giving thanks for the food before you sets an intention of appreciation that is beneficial too in the digestive process.
3. Consider mealtime as an opportunity to reconnect with family in a meaningful way. Actually discuss the day, laugh and savor the time you are spending together as a family.
4. Clean away the dishes as a family to continue the conversations. Slowing down and being appreciative allows your body to better utilize the nutrition provided.
5. Finally, just be still. Your body is much more efficient in a calm relaxed state.
How will you be intentional with your meals?
With joyous intention!💖